What is Interact?
Interact is a Jackson Rotary-sponsored service club for Argonaut High School students. Interact Club was founded in 1962; “Interact” stands for “International Action.” The club gives students an opportunity to participate in fun and meaningful service projects. Students are able to connect with others in their community through the various service projects.
The Argonaut High School Interact Club participates in a community based service project each year in San Francisco. The Club members volunteer to serve meals in the Daily Free Meals Program. This opportunity is a transformative experience. At this event, Interact members help serve 2,000 meals and assist with everything from serving food, to bussing tables, to handing out silverware and condiments.
Benefits of Joining Interact
- Community Service hours
- An avenue to give back to our community
- Be involved
- Meet new people
- Club members can develop initiative, leadership skills and lasting friendships
- Caroling with the local Hospice organization at the convalescent homes in Amador County
- Decorating Downtown Jackson with Wreaths for the Christmas Season
- Serving at various events for local organizations
- “Bring the Change” Program to raise monies for Blood Cancer patients and their families
Through these activities Interact members can learn the importance of leadership skills and personal integrity, to demonstrate helpfulness and respect for others, understand the value of inpidual responsibility and hard work and to advance good will in our community.
Interact members roll up our sleeves and make a difference in the lives of others!