The Career Center is located on campus in Room 12 and is managed by Ms Jennifer Putnam, Career Technician. The Center works closely with the Counseling department to assist students chart a course for their post high school education and/or career. This includes Community College selection, application, financial aid, and assistance with the process.
The Career Center is open from 10:00AM – 1:45PM Monday – Thursday
- Career testing and College information
- Using Naviance you can login with your School Email as your login by clicking here
- Financial aid and scholarship information both local and national
- Internet access to help students in researching a career, college or program
- Career & College Fair 2018, 2020
- Visits from college representatives and military recruiters – ASVAB Test on April 9, INTERP on April 25th – Students from both High Schools are welcome to take this test
- Guidance with applying to colleges (there are 112 Community Colleges in California!)
- Help prepare & apply for jobs and work placement
College Research Resources
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION Form in PDF or Word File
- Local Community Colleges
- Campus Visit Checklist – What to do when you visit a College Campus.
- How Many HOURS Should I Work While Attending College
Nearby Community Colleges
- American River College
- Cosumnes River College
- Folsom Lake College
- Sacramento City College
- Sierra College (Rocklin, CA)
- San Joaquin Delta College (Stockton, CA)
- Columbia Community College (Sonora, CA)
Amador College Connect
The Learning Center (by CVS & KFC on Hwy 49) provides assistance and mentoring for online college. Call the center at the number (209) 217-8239 or visit the Amador College Connect website for more information. There are Scholarships for specific programs and their mentors provide help with courses.
- California Operating Engineers Journeymen and Apprentice Training Center
- I Built It! Construction apprentice program
- Fire academies
- Dental Hygienist program at Sacramento City College
- Nursing programs
- Welding school
- Police Officer Training programs
VOLUNTEER HOURS – COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS – JOB OPPORTUNITIES
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS: Tracy Hoyle is looking for 2-3 students to work on a home in Jackson on Raquepaw Lane for 2-4 hours. This is outdoor work doing Cleanup and Weed-eating. These will take care of 2-4 of your Volunteer Hours. Call Tracy Hoyle at (209) 352-7971 or check with Ms Putnam in the Rm 12 Career Center.
IMPORTANT LINKS & RESOURCES for 4 Year Universities
- ACT registration
- SAT registration
- California State University application
- The Common App: How to fill out common college applications
Students must complete a FAFSA online form to receive state and/or federal financial aid for the upcoming academic year such as Grants or State supported Loans. The first FAFSA registration period in California begins on October 1st and ends March 2nd. There is an additional period later in the year with less amounts of funding.
- Visit the California Student Aid Commission website for information about financial aid and how to apply or ask your school counselor.
- Visit FinAid for information on other types of financial aid.
Visit My Future to see options for Careers, College, or Military.
Mother Lode Job Training includes information about job training in our area.
For information about student athlete eligibility requirements visit the NCAA website.
Learn online with courses from the world’s best universities at MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses)
Career Development Videos & Services from Colleges
Career Services and Information at UC Berkeley – Click here
Career Services and Information at Smith College – Click here
Career Development Videos from Yale University – Click here
Career Development Resources from University of Massachusetts – Click here
Office of Career Services at Harvard University – Click here