Clarissa Bellotti – (209) 257-7752 – Students with the last name starting with L-Z
Tiffany DiGirolamo – (209) 257-7753 – Students with the last name starting with A-K
Kasey Wilkerson – (209) 257-7751 – Transcripts, Workers Permits, Enrollment
Jennifer Putnam – (209) 257-7757 Room 12 – Assessments, Job Board, Career Fair, Local Scholarships
The Argonaut High School Counseling and Guidance Department recognizes that the primary mission of the high school is to insure that students shall be given the opportunity to maximize their potential in the areas of mind, body and character to become productive contributing members of society. Therefore, the counseling and guidance department at Argonaut High School is based on the four goal areas:
Counselors FALL 2018 NEWSLETTER: Click Here
To assist students with present educational decision making and planning
To assist students with post high school decision making and planning
Personal & Social
To help students acquire knowledge and skills which will assist them in their personal and social development
To contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive total school climate
- Academic counseling towards the completion of graduation requirements and post secondary options.
- Scheduling, program adjustments provided as necessary.
- Financial Aid Workshops
- Identification and referral of students with special needs to Student Study Team.
- College Application Assistance for Seniors.
- Information available on PSAT, PreACT, SAT, SAT Subject, AP Exams and ACT.
- 9th, 10th, & 12th graders have the opportunity to take the PSAT and PreACT in October.
- Individual student conferences
- Financial aid and scholarship information
- College entrance requirements
To have a link to access the 3 different AERIES Portals: Click Here
Argonaut High School is the College Testing in Amador County. All tests are held on Saturdays at the Argonaut campus including the SAT and the ACT. To get information on the test dates and how to pay for the tests CLICK HERE or contact Gail Von Wald at (209) 257-5158
- Monitor Graduation Requirements & Credits
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Referrals to Social Services Agencies in Amador County
- Vocational/Career Counseling
- College Counseling
- Community Service Information
- College Recommendation Letters
- Social/Emotional Counseling
- Assistance with Special Education Services
Registration & Course Selection
Separate from enrollment, registration is the selection of courses for an academic year. Each student must complete an Argonaut High Course Selection Form according to their grade level. The counselors are available to help you select courses aligned with your career and/or college objectives.
To access the Course Listing for this year’s (2018-2019) Registration: CLICK HERE
In order to graduate students must pass a set of courses, earn 250 credits. The Counseling Center assists students with course selection and test preparation in order to complete the graduation requirements.
The courses required for graduation are listed in the table below.
|Math||2 years (must pass Algebra 1)||20|
|Physical Education||2 years||20|
|Life Science||1 year||10|
|World Geography||1/2 year||5|
|World History||1 year||10|
|US History||1 year||10|
|Fine & Performing Arts / Foreign Language||1 year||10|
|Physical Science||1 year||10|
Career Technical Education
Complete a Transcript Request and bring it to the Registrar’s Office or mail the form with a check payable to Argonaut High School. Include the names of universities or colleges where you would like transcripts sent.
For assistance contact the registrar.