CIF Statement Regarding 2020-21 Sports Calendar and Bylaw Modifications
SACRAMENTO, CALIF. – The California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) has determined, in collaboration with our 10 Sections, that education-based athletics for the 2020-2021 school year will begin with a modified season of sport schedule (see below for 2020-21 sports calendar). Our calendar reflects the season for each CIF sport and the last date for Section Championships and Regional/State Championships in those sports where a Regional/State Championship is currently offered. Following this announcement, each CIF Section Office will release their own calendar to reflect regular season starting and ending dates and Section playoffs. It is anticipated that most Section start dates will commence in December 2020 or January 2021.
We are continuously monitoring the directives and guidelines released from the Governor’s Office, the California Department of Education, the California Department of Public Health, and local county health departments and agencies as these directives and guidelines are followed by our member schools/school districts with student health and safety at the forefront. As these guidelines change, CIF Sections may allow for athletic activity to potentially resume under the summer period rules of the local Section. Also, given this calendar change, the CIF has temporarily suspended Bylaws 600-605 (Outside Competition) in all sports for the 2020-21 school year (see below for more specific information related to these changes).
Registration to participate in an Argonaut High School athletic program is completed online by the student’s parent or guardian through AthleticClearance.com. Each student-athlete will have a single account that is used to register him/her for all athletics while at AHS.
In order to complete the registration process the following information is required:
- Student contact information – phone number and email address
- Roster details – shirt size, height and weight
- Parent or guardian contact information
- Physical Forms – a physical must be completed each year by a doctor to participate in athletics including tryouts and practice
- Legal releases – a series of consents will be presented with checkboxes that must be accepted to complete the registration process
The school can access everything through the system. You will receive an email confirmation and summary after completing the registration process.
HOME CAMPUS Registration
(Step by step instructions for parents/students when using the online athletic clearance process).
1. Visit www.AthleticClearance.com and choose your state.
2. Watch quick tutorial video
3. Register: PARENTS register with valid email username & password. You will be asked to type in a code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate. (If this step is skipped, please contact us to activate your account)
4. Login using your email address that you registered with
5. Select “New Clearance” to start the process.
6. Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate.
Example: Football in Sept 2020 would be the 2020-2021 School Year.
Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete.
Choose the Sport
7. Complete all required fields:
Student Information, Educational History, Medical History and Signature Forms.
(If you have gone through the AthleticClearance.com process before, you will select the Student and Parent/Guardian from the dropdown menu on those pages)
8. Optional Donation to your athletic program.
9. Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process.
10. If you would like to register for additional sports/activities you may check off those sports below the Confirmation Message. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
PLEASE ONLY CHOOSE SPORTS THAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY PLAY.
11. All of this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
12. A “Hard Copy” of the Student/Athletes Current Medical Physical & Medical History must be turned into the Athletic Director, before
the Student/Athlete is cleared for participation.
It is important to understand the risks of participating in athletics and in particular the risk of concussions.
What is a concussion?
- “Pressure in head”
- Nausea or vomiting
- Neck pain
- Balance problems or dizziness
- Blurred, double, or fuzzy vision
- Sensitivity to light or noise
- Feeling sluggish or slowed down
- Feeling foggy or groggy
- Change in sleep patterns
- “Don’t feel right”
- Fatigue or low energy
- Nervousness or anxiety
- More emotional
- Concentration or memory problems (forgetting game plays)
- Repeating the same question/comment
It is important that everyone – teammates, parents and coaches – is vigilant in protecting our students health and well being. Be on the lookout for symptoms of a concussion and take action. A concussed athlete might exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
- Appears dazed
- Vacant facial expression
- Confused about assignment
- Forgets plays
- Is unsure of game, score, or opponent
- Moves clumsily or displays incoordination
- Answers questions slowly
- Slurred speech
- Shows behavior or personality changes
- Can’t recall events prior to hit
- Can’t recall events after hit
- Seizures or convulsions
- Any change in typical behavior or personality
- Loses consciousness
Mr. Scott Hunkins
Athletic Director/ ASB Advisor
CONTACT VIA E-MAIL
UPCOMING ATHLETIC EVENTS
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.