COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER Services
OPEN: 10AM to 2PM on Monday through Thursday
Make a College & Career planning appointment with Ms Putnam by visiting the College & Career Center – drop by during lunch or break
- Career and College information
- Local Scholarship Program – Kickoff meeting at Lunch in December – Information will be provided in Ms Putnam’s Local Scholarship Program Google Classroom for 2024
- Financial aid and scholarship information both local and national
- Help with filling out the FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Help students in researching a career, college or program
- Military Night 2022 was held on 9/8th – Representatives from Military Academies were there to explain to students from all Grades about the process of applying to West Point, Annapolis, Air Force Academy in Colorado, Coast Guard Academy, etc..
- Contact with college representatives and military recruiters
- This years ASVAB TEST will be scheduled
- Guidance with choice and applying to Community Colleges
- Help prepare & apply for jobs and work placement
- Check their websites – www.collegeboard.org and www.act.org (ACT) to see whether the next test will be given on Argonauts campus or elsewhere. Students can take the SAT or ACT in other locations if their college/academy needs the score. Military academies do require scores from the tests. UC’s and CSU’s do not require an SAT/ACT until after 2023.
STARTING THIS YEAR – FAFSA COUNTS!
FAFSA for High School SENIORS
A new state law, Assembly Bill 469, requires high schools to ensure that all seniors in California complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) who are US Citizens or a California Dream Act Application (CADAA) for students who are non US citizens beginning with the class of 2023. Completing the FAFSA or CADAA provides students with critical information on all federal grants, work-study programs, or loans they are eligible for to pursue their post-high school dreams. In an effort to help students with the FAFSA or CADAA process, we are pleased to offer the opportunities below. Families may attend the event at their school, or at any school if the date works better. If you do not wish for your child to complete a FAFSA or CADAA, you may fill out the FAFSA/CADAA Opt out form and return it to your student’s high school office.
Families will need to have the following information in order to complete the FAFSA:
– Social Security Number
– Driver’s license
– 2021 Tax Records
– Records of assets
– Records of untaxed income
– List of potential colleges the student is interested in attending
2023-2024 SAT Dates
Last pencil/paper tests:
- How does Financial Aid work?
- Types of Financial Aid: Loans, Grants, and Work-Study Programs
- Wondering how the amount of your federal student aid is determined?
* More information is now being given out in the Google classroom – Ms Putnam’s COLLEGE & CAREER CLASSROOM code: DRGED2U
CONTACT CAREER CENTER
Ms Jennifer Putnam
Career Technician / Cross Country Coach
CONTACT VIA E-MAIL
College Dual Enrollment
Argonaut High School partners with Amador College Connect to offer Dual Enrollment in college classes to our students!
Local Community Colleges
- California Operating Engineers Journeymen and Apprentice Training Center
- California Apprentice programs
- Find an Apprenticeship Program in California
- Fire academies
- Dental Hygienist program at Sacramento City College
- Nursing programs
- Welding school
- Police Officer Training programs
- Want your GED or Diploma but didn’t get it? LINK: https://amadoradulted.org