The Career Center is located on campus in Room 12 and is managed by Ms Jennifer Putnam, Career Technician. The Center works closely with the Counseling department to assist students chart a course for their post high school education and/or career. This includes Community College selection, application, financial aid, and assistance with the process.
HOURS: 10:00AM – 1:45PM Monday – Thursday
- Career testing and College information
- Using Naviance you can login with your School Email as your login by clicking here
- Financial aid and scholarship information both local and national
- Help with filling out the FAFSA – How to Fill out the FAFSA
- Internet access to help students in researching a career, college or program
- Career & College Fair (next one in 2020)
- Visits from college representatives and military recruiters – ASVAB Test will be given in Spring 2020 – Students from both High Schools are welcome
- Guidance with applying to colleges (there are 115 Community Colleges in California!)
- Help prepare & apply for jobs and work placement
CONTACT CAREER CENTER
Ms Jennifer Putnam
Career Technician / Cross Country Asst Coach
CONTACT VIA E-MAIL
Local Scholarship Program 2020
The Kickoff Meeting happened in December. Thanks to everyone who attended. If you didn’t, please drop by my office if you’re still interested but after January it will most likely be too late.
The Local Scholarship Program for 2020 has started and you will be encouraged to consider applying with your classmates. You will complete the following items:
- Application (Data Pages) – in Word or as a PDF
- Type & Print your own one page Essay
- 2 letters of recommendation (using Brag Sheet in Word or PDF) – fill out your Brag sheet or Letter of Recommendation form to give to the person writing the letter for you
- Get an official copy of your Transcript (from the REGISTRAR or Ms Putnam after January 14, 2020)
- National Scholarship Links
*** You must sign up for a LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP in the BLUE BOOK in Ms Putnam’s office.
Extra items could include: Another Essay, Cover letter, be going into a specific major, live in Ione, be planning on going into Public Safety, or going to a community college, etc..
*** Your Email that you give to me should be checked every day for the messages.
The DEADLINE for this program is February 13th, 2020 at 3:00PM after which I will not accept any other Applications.
Why a Scholarship? Even if you receive federal aid for college tuition & fees, the cost of college additionally includes books, course materials, Travel to and from school, etc..
College Research Resources
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION Form in PDF or Word File
- Local Community Colleges
- Campus Visit Checklist – What to do when you visit a College Campus.
- How Many HOURS Should I Work While Attending College
- Amador College Connect provides assistance and mentoring for online classes. It is now located at the address: 1 Prosperity Court, Sutter Creek, CA 95685 which is located next to the Italian picnic grounds near the intersection of Rt 49 and Ridge Road. Call the center at the number (209) 217-8239 or visit the Amador College Connect website for more information. There are Scholarships for specific programs and their mentors provide help with courses.
Nearby Community Colleges
4 Year University Resources
Financial Aid info & Important LInks
Students must complete a FAFSA online form to receive state and/or federal financial aid for the upcoming academic year such as Grants or State-supported Loans. The first FAFSA registration period in California begins on October 1st and ends March 2nd. It is recommended to apply early. There is an additional period later in the year with less amounts of funding.
- Visit the California Student Aid Commission website for information about financial aid and how to apply or ask your school counselor.
- Visit My Future to see options for Careers, College, or Military.
Training Programs and Finding an Apprenticeship in California
Career Development Videos & Services from Colleges
More Career Resources
Volunteer Hours - Community Service Hours - Work Opportunities
Students at Argonaut are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours during their time in high school here. The counseling department has a form for this purpose.
Looking for VOLUNTEERS: Check with Amador County Recreational Agency (ACRA) by calling (209) 223-6349 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org