The Career Center is located on campus in Room 12 and is managed by Ms Jennifer Putnam, Career Technician. The Center works closely with the Counseling department to assist students chart a course for their post high school education and/or career. This includes Community College selection, application, financial aid, and assistance with the process.
HOURS: 10:00AM – 1:45PM Monday – Thursday
- Career testing and College information
- Using Naviance you can login with your School Email as your login by clicking here
- Financial aid and scholarship information both local and national
- Help with filling out the FAFSA – How to Fill out the FAFSA
- Internet access to help students in researching a career, college or program
- Career & College Fair (next one in 2020)
- Visits from college representatives and military recruiters – ASVAB Test will be given in Spring 2020 – Students from both High Schools are welcome
- Guidance with applying to colleges (there are 115 Community Colleges in California!)
- Help prepare & apply for jobs and work placement
CONTACT CAREER CENTER
Ms Jennifer Putnam
Career Technician / Cross Country Asst Coach
CONTACT VIA E-MAIL
Local Scholarship Program 2020
The Kickoff Meeting was on Wednesday December 4th, 2019. Thanks to everyone who attended. If you didn’t, please drop by my office if you’re still interested
The Local Scholarship Program for 2020 is starting and you will be encouraged to consider applying with your classmates. You will complete the following items:
- Application (Data Pages) – in Word or as a PDF
- Type & Print your own one page Essay
- 2 letters of recommendation (using Brag Sheet in Word or PDF)
- Get an official copy of your Transcript (from Counseling department after January 14, 2020)
- National Scholarship Links
Extra items could include: Another Essay, Cover letter, be going into a specific major, live in Ione, be planning on going into Public Safety, or going to a community college, etc..
The list will be available on MONDAY December 16th. You may apply to all the Scholarships that apply to you. Meet with me to go through the list.
Your Email that you give to me should be checked every day for the messages.
You will have a deadline to give me the material then I send it in to the Sponsor and a committee from Argonaut, or the Sponsor will choose the recipient(s). I will inform each recipient in May.
Why a Scholarship? Even if you receive federal aid for college tuition & fees, the cost of college includes books, course materials, Travel to and from school, etc..
College Research Resources
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION Form in PDF or Word File
- Local Community Colleges
- Campus Visit Checklist – What to do when you visit a College Campus.
- How Many HOURS Should I Work While Attending College
- Amador College Connect provides assistance and mentoring for online classes. It is now located at the address: 1 Prosperity Court, Sutter Creek, CA 95685 which is located next to the Italian picnic grounds near the intersection of Rt 49 and Ridge Road. Call the center at the number (209) 217-8239 or visit the Amador College Connect website for more information. There are Scholarships for specific programs and their mentors provide help with courses.
Nearby Community Colleges
4 Year University Resources
Financial Aid info & Important LInks
Students must complete a FAFSA online form to receive state and/or federal financial aid for the upcoming academic year such as Grants or State-supported Loans. The first FAFSA registration period in California begins on October 1st and ends March 2nd. It is recommended to apply early. There is an additional period later in the year with less amounts of funding.
- Visit the California Student Aid Commission website for information about financial aid and how to apply or ask your school counselor.
- Visit My Future to see options for Careers, College, or Military.
Training Programs and Finding an Apprenticeship in California
Career Development Videos & Services from Colleges
More Career Resources
Volunteer Hours - Community Service Hours - Work Opportunities
Students at Argonaut are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours during their time in high school here. The counseling department has a form for this purpose.
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS: This coming month, the Childrens Holiday Festival is being held 5:30-8:00pm on December 6, 2019 Friday at 975 Broadway, Jackson and FIRST 5 is looking for Volunteers. Contact Erika at 257-1092
Looking for VOLUNTEERS: Check with Amador County Recreational Agency (ACRA) by calling (209) 223-6349 or email at email@example.com