COUNSELING & GUIDANCE CENTER
|Counselor||Clarissa Bellottifirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7752||Students with last name starting with L-Z|
|Counselor||Tiffany DiGirolamo||Tiffany.DiGirolamo@acusd.org||(209) 257-7753||Students with last names starting with A-K|
|Registrar||Laura Dillianemail@example.com||(209) 257-7751|
|Career Technician||Jennifer Putnamfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7757|
The Argonaut High School Counseling and Guidance Department recognize that the primary mission of the high school is to ensure that students shall be given the opportunity to maximize their potential in the areas of mind, body, and character to become productive contributing members of society. Therefore, the counseling and guidance department at Argonaut High School is based on the four goal areas:
– To assist students with present educational decision making and planning
– To assist students with post-high school decision making and planning
Personal & Social
– To help students acquire knowledge and skills which will assist them in their personal and social development
– To contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive total school climate
Click below Categories to View More Information
Community Resources for You
Hello Wonderful Students,
Here are some helpful resources as we manage the shelter in place mandates in Amador County.
Please feel free to check out these links and contact information as needed AND remember you can always reach out to us. We are still here for you!
Ms. D and Mrs. Bellotti
- California Youth Crisis Line. Call or Text 24/7 at: 800.843.5200. Or chat: www.calyouth.org/chat
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
NAMI helpline: 800.950.NAMI. email@example.com. Crisis text line: Text “NAMI” to 741741
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1 (800) 273-8255 suicideispreventable.org
AMADOR COUNTY COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Nexus Youth and Family Services
- Amador County Behavioral Health. (209) 223-6412. Toll Free Line* 1 (888) 310-6555 (Mental Health, Alcohol/Drug)
- Crisis Intervention Information Referral (209) 223- 2600
- For Emergency Dial 911
- Alcoholics Anonymous 1 (800) 851-1304
- Amador Pregnancy Help Center 223-3813
- Amador STARR-Cancer Support 267-1246
- Amador Transit Bus Service 267-9395
- ARC (Serves those with developmental disabilities) 267-5978
- Central Sierra Child Support
Toll Free Line* 1 (866) 901-3212
- Child Protective Services * ** 223-6550
After hours 223-1075
- Community Action Agency 223-1485
(Energy Assistance, Amador Lifeline)
- Domestic Violence Help 223-2600
- Family Resource Network** 472-3674 or 1(800) 847-3030
(Info for children with special needs)
- First 5 Amador 257-1092
- Health Department 223-6407
-STD Testing & Treatment
-Public Health Nurse
-Stop Tobacco Use
- Homeless Shelter 223-9215
- Hospice of Amador 223-5500
(Grief Busters for children)
- Kene Me-Wu American Indian Resource Center 1 (800) 792-7776
- Motherlode Job Training 223-3341
- Narcotics Anonymous 1 (800) 240-4956
- Operation Care 1 (800) 675-3392 or 223-2897
- Police Departments:
-Sutter Creek Police- 267-5646
- Probation Department 223-6387
- Sexual Assault Services* 223-2600
- Sheriff’s Department* 223-6500
- Sierra Hope 1 (888) 722-2873
(HIV/AIDS Support Services)
- Sierra Wind Wellness Center 223-1956
- Social Services/Welfare 223-6550
- CA Tribal TANF 257-6150
- Sutter Amador Hospital 223-7500
- The Resource Connection 223-1624
(Child care resources)
- Victim-Witness Program 223-6474
- WIC Women Infant & Children 223-7685
*24 Hour Availability. **Collect Calls Accepted
In an effort to protect students from any inappropriate use of the email accounts, we have also set up an account for students to report any cyberbullying or inappropriate email account use. If a student is a victim of this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an administrator will respond to handle the situation.
Student safety, including online safety, is always our number one priority. Thank you for helping us keep all students safe while online.
- Monitor Graduation Requirements & Credits
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Referrals to Social Services Agencies in Amador County
- Vocational/Career Counseling
- College Counseling
- Community Service Information
- College Recommendation Letters
- Social/Emotional Counseling
- Assistance with Special Education Services
Presentations: Senior Classroom Presentation 2019
Student Services, Handouts, College Testing
- Academic counseling towards the completion of graduation requirements and post-secondary options.
- Scheduling, program adjustments provided as necessary.
- Financial Aid Workshops click here for the September 30th program
- Identification and referral of students with special needs to the Student Study Team.
- College Application Assistance for Seniors.
- Information is available on PSAT, PreACT, SAT, SAT Subject, AP Exams, and ACT.
- 9th, 10th, & 12th graders have the opportunity to take the PSAT and PreACT in October.
- Individual student conferences
- Financial aid and scholarship information
- College entrance requirements
College TESTING SCHEDULE 2019-2020: Argonaut High School is the College Testing center for Amador County. Tests, unless specified, are held on Saturdays at the Argonaut campus including the SAT and ACT.
February 2020 11th Grade Presentation – Counselors were providing information on College, Post Graduation Plans, Military, etc..
Registration & Course Selection
Separate from enrollment, registration is the selection of courses for an academic year. Each student must complete an Argonaut High Course Selection Form according to their grade level. The counselors are available to help you select courses aligned with your career and/or college objectives.
|Math||2 years (must pass Algebra 1)||20|
|Physical Education||2 years||20|
|Life Science||1 year||10|
|World Geography||1/2 year||5|
|World History||1 year||10|
|US History||1 year||10|
|Fine & Performing Arts / Foreign Language||1 year||10|
|Physical Science||1 year||10|
|Career Technical Education||1 year||10|
How to Request your Transcript
Complete a Transcript Request and bring it to the Registrar’s Office or mail the form with a check payable to “Argonaut High School”. Please include the names of universities or colleges where you would like your transcripts sent.
Transcripts are available through the Registrar’s Office for $5.00 per copy. Please call the Registrar at 209-257-7751 to order a copy or you can fill out the attached form with your request to start the process.
For assistance contact the registrar.