The Argonaut High School Counseling and Guidance Department recognize that the primary mission of the high school is to ensure that students shall be given the opportunity to maximize their potential in the areas of mind, body, and character to become productive contributing members of society. Therefore, the counseling and guidance department at Argonaut High School is based on the four goal areas:
– To assist students with present educational decision making and planning
– To assist students with post-high school decision making and planning
Personal & Social
– To help students acquire knowledge and skills which will assist them in their personal and social development
– To contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive total school climate
Click Below Categories to View More Information
- Monitor Graduation Requirements & Credits
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Referrals to Social Services Agencies in Amador County
- Vocational/Career Counseling
- College Counseling
- Community Service Information
- College Recommendation Letters
- Social/Emotional Counseling
- Assistance with Special Education Services
Presentations: Senior Classroom Presentation 2019
Jennifer Putnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: (209) 257-7757 in Room 12
Job Board, Career Fair, ASVAB & Student Listings, Military Recruiters, Website Maintenance, Local Scholarship Program, Community College Applications
Student Services and Handouts
- Academic counseling towards the completion of graduation requirements and post-secondary options.
- Scheduling, program adjustments provided as necessary.
- Financial Aid Workshops click here for the September 30th program
- Identification and referral of students with special needs to the Student Study Team.
- College Application Assistance for Seniors.
- Information is available on PSAT, PreACT, SAT, SAT Subject, AP Exams, and ACT.
- 9th, 10th, & 12th graders have the opportunity to take the PSAT and PreACT in October.
- Individual student conferences
- Financial aid and scholarship information
- College entrance requirements
Argonaut High School is the College Testing center for Amador County. All tests are held on Saturdays at the Argonaut campus including the SAT and the ACT. This is a page with the information for all the tests on campus.
Link to AP Contract 2019-2020
2019/2020 Course Catalog
Registration & Course Selection
|Math||2 years (must pass Algebra 1)||20|
|Physical Education||2 years||20|
|Life Science||1 year||10|
|World Geography||1/2 year||5|
|World History||1 year||10|
|US History||1 year||10|
|Fine & Performing Arts / Foreign Language||1 year||10|
|Physical Science||1 year||10|
|Career Technical Education||1 year||10|
Request for Transcripts
Complete a Transcript Request and bring it to the Registrar’s Office or mail the form with a check payable to Argonaut High School. Include the names of universities or colleges where you would like transcripts sent.
Transcripts are available through the Registrar’s Office for $5.00 per copy. Please call the Registrar at 209-257-7751 to order a copy or you can fill out the attached form with your request to start the process.
For assistance contact the registrar.