*** For Updates, Please check with District Office Communications through PARENT SQUARE
- Attention Students! Course Selections for the 2023-2024 school year are due TODAY.
- It’s a new year, but the Mustang birthday party doesn’t stop. If you were born in January, pick up your birthday treat outside the library at lunch today.
- Attention seniors! To be considered for a Cal Grant Scholarship for college, the deadline to submit your FAFSA application is Thursday, March 2nd. Please see Ms. Putnam or your counselor if you need any assistance with your application. If you have submitted your FAFSA and have not shown proof to your counselor, please do so asap. If you plan on opting out of filling out the FAFSA and have not turned in an opt out form, please see your counselor.
- Interested in joining a new club? There is an Entrepreneurship Club meeting today in Mr. King’s room (21). We will be electing club officers and talking a little bit about what the club is like! Please attend if you are interested.
- There will be a Sunshine Club meeting in Wenske’s room today at lunch.
- There is a Track & Field Meeting Wednesday at Lunch in Mr. King’s Room. Anyone interested please attend! We will be handing out schedules, selecting officers, and discussing our first practice.
- Christian Club! Meetings on Thursdays at Lunch, in Mr. Hovey’s, room 3! We would love to see you there!
- Attention Seniors! The Google Form for the senior superlatives that go in the yearbook are out. Make sure to check Google Classroom for the link. Fill it out by Friday, February 3rd.
- Seniors Seniors Seniors! We need your baby pictures for the yearbook. Send them in by February 3rd to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the date for A Starry Night, our winter homecoming dance on February 4th from 7 pm to 10 pm at the Sutter Creek Auditorium. Tickets are on sale now for $25 or $20 with an ASB Card. There will also be an underclassmen court that will be crowned during halftime of the JV game on February 3rd. See you all on A Starry Night!
- GUEST DANCE FORMS for Winter Homecoming are now available on the counter in the office and must be turned in prior to purchasing a guest ticket. The deadline to have the guest dance form completed and turned in to Mrs. Haedrich is 3:30 pm TODAY. To avoid approval delays please completely fill out the form with all approvals and signatures. If you purchase a ticket for your guest before approval NO REFUNDS will be issued if your guest form is denied.
- Seniors! It’s Senior Quote Time. Check your email and fill out the form by February 10th. No quotes will be accepted after this date and remember KEEP IT CLEAN.
How to Enroll
Current District Students: Contact your current school office and ask for a transfer appointment with your counselor.
New District Students: Contact Argonaut High School at 257-7700 to schedule an enrollment appointment.
College & Career
View the latest info on Financial Aid, Scholarships, Career Search resources and much more…
Information for Families
Find forms and other important information here — from Work Permits to Health and Safety Protocols to other district materials. This area is updated as needed so please check back often.
MATH TUTORING is being held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contact either Mr Lucke or Mr Hovey for Tutoring after school. Mr Chris Lucke - on Wednesdays at 3:30-4:30PM. (room 2) Mr Matt Hovey - on Tuesdays at 3:30-4:30PM (room 3)
Argonaut Drama presents 11th Annual Christmas Carol to Benefit Homeless Shelter in Amador County On Friday, December 16, the Drama Department of Argonaut High School will be joining forces with Hometown Radio to create a fabulous evening of holiday entertainment,...
Admission for the 2022-2023 Argonaut Basketball season will be available by PRE-purchase ONLY. *** TICKET PURCHASE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE GATE ON THE DAY OF THE GAME You can use the QR code on GoFan.co to purchase admission before entry Click: Here is how to...
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ARGONAUT GIRLS GOLF TEAM, They are the 2022 VALLEY FOOTHILL LEAGUE VARSITY GOLF CHAMPIONS!
Students will be offered FREE breakfast and lunch meals for the 2022-2023 school years! Assembly Bill (AB) 130, the 2021−22 budget trailer bill for K-12 education, established the California Universal Meals Program. Under this program, beginning in the school year...
Everyone is encouraged to join Parent Square by adding the App to their phone and check this LINK to understand how to do that. https://amadorcoe.org/familyresources/parentsquare/
- Principal's Corner
- Courage to Complete Scholarship 2023
- Office Staff
- Teaching Staff
- District Calendar
- Athletics Calendar
Welcome to the “Mustang Family”
Argonaut has strong traditions and a school culture that facilitates success for ALL students. Established in 1913 as Jackson Joint Union High School, we used that name until 1983 when we merged with Ione High School to become Argonaut High School. That year we moved near the site of the historic Argonaut Mine, featured in the book “47 Down,” and have been there ever since.
We are a small comprehensive public high school with just over 550 students and 25 teachers. Our distinct geographic location situated in the center of the historic Mother Lode of Amador County has picturesque views in every direction. We are known for our supportive community that provides an overwhelming amount of encouragement for our students and school. We are “small but mighty,” and excited to share our academics, culture and programs that make us uniquely distinguished with ALL students that attend.
The Argonaut High School Mustang family strives to create a positive and supportive environment in which ALL are challenged and inspired to achieve their full potential. Students are expected to have the Courage to Compete in everything they do in school and life while remaining Respectful, Responsible and Resilient citizens. With the facilitation of our talented and compassionate faculty and staff, our students receive an individualized world-class education matched by few in our state.
Welcome to Mustang Mountain!
Principal, Argonaut High School
COURAGE TO COMPETE Scholarship 2023
The Courage to Compete Award is the most distinguished all-around award given to graduating seniors who have been outstanding members of the Argonaut High School community. Seniors are given the opportunity to earn this prestigious award for their overall achievements in their high school career. The number of recipients will vary each year depending on the number of qualified applicants. There is no minimum or maximum number of awards given in any year. All students selected to receive this award will be announced at Senior Awards Night in May and again at Graduation where they will receive a medal at the ceremony by a teacher of their choice. There may be a monetary and gift award. If you do not submit this application by the deadline, we will assume you are not interested. There are no deadline extensions for the Courage to Compete award. Thanks for having the Courage to Compete for this award!
DEADLINE IS IN MAY 2023
Argonaut High School
Below will be the application in PDF. Click on it to get your copy.
Fill it out and email it to Megan Eckhart at the front office or HAND IT IN by MAY 2023
|Mrs Megan Eckhart||Administrative Assistantemail@example.com||(209) 257-7741|
|Mrs. Jazmin Haedrich||Vice Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7700|
|Mr. Troy Gassaway||Principalemail@example.com||(209) 257-7741|
|Ms. Kim Hernandez||Bookkeepingfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7742|
|Ms Brooke Moore||Attendance Clerkemail@example.com||(209) 257-7745|
|Mr. Monty Wright||Maintenance||Monty.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Laura Larsen||Registraremail@example.com||(209) 257-7751|
|Mr. Grant Kopecki||Night Custodianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Garrett Gray||Campus Supervisoremail@example.com|
|Chris Marrama||Night Custodianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The roster below can be searched by teacher name or course title. Enter your search words and click the magnifying glass.
The email address will open most email programs ready to send your message. You may also copy & paste the email address into your desired email program.
|Ms. Michaelynn Angieemail@example.com||(209) 257-7770||Study Skills|
|Mr. Jared Carsonfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7704||AP US Gov / AP World History / World History CP|
|Mrs. Shannon Clarkemail@example.com||(209) 257-7717||Biology / AP Biology|
|Ms. Valerie Davidsonfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7725||Studio Art 1, 2, 3|
|Mr. Rick Davisemail@example.com||(209) 257-7765||Strength & Conditioning / Conditioning|
|Mr. Cameron Dugganfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7708||English 12CP / AP English Lit & Comp / English 10SCP / Creative Writing|
|Mr. Chris Fentonemail@example.com||(209) 257-7723||US Gov/Econ / CA History / AP Psychology|
|Mrs. Teresa Floydfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7714||English 9CP / English 11CP / Edgenuity|
|Michael Garciaemail@example.com||(209) 257-7720||Culinary Fundamentals / Catering & Event / International Cuisine|
|Mr. Matt Goughfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7707||English 9CP / English SCP / AP Human Geography / AP Eng Lang Comp / Data/MTSS|
|Mrs. Jazmin Haedrichemail@example.com||(209) 257-7768||Kinesiology 9 / Kinesiology 10-12 / Aerobic Sports & Conditioning / MTSS/TIC|
|Mrs. Tracy Hinmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7724||Study Skills / English 11 / World History / Collaboration|
|Mr. Matt Hoveyemail@example.com||(209) 257-7703||Geometry CP / Physics CP / Consumer Math / Trigonometry/Pre-Calculus|
|Mr. Scott Hunkinsfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7705||Elem School Aide / Human Physiology / ASB Release / Student Gov/Leadership / Ath Mgt / 21st Work Experience|
|Mr. Matt Kingemail@example.com||(209) 257-7721||Adv Game Design: 3D Modeling & Animation / Video Production & Broadcast Journalism / Introduction to Computer Science / Computer Programming & Game Design|
|Mr. Erik Lucasfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7718||Chemistry CP / Integrated Earth Science / AP Physics I|
|Mr. Chris Luckeemail@example.com||(209) 257-7702||AP Statistics / Algebra 1CP / Algebra 2 CP / AP Calculus|
|Mrs. Laura Talliafirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7710||English 10CP / Spanish 4 / Spanish 3 CP / Yearbook / English Lang Development|
|Sra Elisa Teelemail@example.com||(209) 257-7711||Spanish 1 CP / Spanish 2 CP|
|Mrs. Katie Varnifirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7722||Health / Dual Enrollment / AVID 9 / AVID 11|
|Mr. Sargon Yousefemail@example.com||(209) 257-7715||English 12, Alg Concepts A & B, Cons Math, Study Skills|
|Taylor Wenskefirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7758||Intervention/AVID/English 10|
|Laura Peashaemail@example.com||(209) 257-7768||Physical Education|
|Kevin Harlowfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7728||History, English, Study Skills|
|Ms. Sonya Castoe||Library Media Clerkemail@example.com||(209) 257-7746|
|Ms. Melinda Green||Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heather McFarling||Paraprofessionalemail@example.com||(209) 257-7735|
|Michelle Joyce||Paraprofessional||Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7734|