- On Wednesday, Argonaut Girl’s Golf knocked off the VFL North Division champion 152-156 at Jack Tone Golf Course. The Mustangs improved to 7-0, while host Ripon fell to 4-1. They also outscored Ripon in the VFL North midseason tournament Monday in Stockton. Perhaps the bigger surprise of the match was that Ripon’s Gabbi Ilardi was not low medalist. The two-time league MVP and Sac-Joaquin Section Division V champion tied for the second-best score with Argonaut’s Ashley Roeun. They both carded a 6-over-par 37, while Lily Stern of Argonaut finished three strokes better.
- Attention freshmen, sophomores, and juniors – The PSAT will be held at Argonaut High School on Tuesday, October 25th at 8 AM. If you are interested in taking the Preliminary SAT test, please sign up with Mrs. Larsen in the Counseling Department by Friday, October 21st. Test fee is $25 and space is limited so register ASAP!
- Girls Soccer Conditioning on all non-fall sport athletes begins on Monday (9/26) 6:30p in the Stadium. See you there!!!
- Mrs. Wenske’s Care Closet is up and running! Any students that are in need of extra care supplies please feel free to visit Mrs. Wenske’s room (12) to take a look and pick stuff up at no cost to you. There are take-home dinner supplies, socks, backpacks, and basic hygiene supplies such as body wash, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and so much more! The Care Closet is open before school, after school, and during lunch.
- Are you interested in what it takes to get into the Medical field? Maybe you want to know how you can become a Podiatrist, or a Pharmacist, or a Dentist, or Nurse, or so many more. Attend the 2022 Pre-Health Conference on Saturday October 15th, In-Person at the UC Davis campus. This has been the nation’s largest pre-health conference for over a decade. Here’s your chance to find out MORE!!! Register at https://prehealthconference.ucdavis.edu/ See Ms. Putnam with any questions.
- Homecoming week is here!! Today is pajama day.
Tuesday: Stunt Double Day (Twin Day)
Wednesday: Bikers vs. Surfers
Thursday: Walk of Fame (Celeb Day)
Friday: A Day for the Stars (dress in all gold and yellow!)
- Argonaut Drama seeks a new one-act play for the 2022-2023 competition season. If selected, your work will be performed at the Lenaea Theatre Festival in February and the Motherlode Drama Festival in April of 2023. You will also be submitted for the Original Playwriting Award. Scripts should be between 10-30 pages. For an informational sheet, please see your English teacher or email Mrs. Flint: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is October 23.
- Homecoming in Hollywood tickets are being sold during lunch in the quad until September 29th. $25 per ticket and $20 per ticket with ASB sticker
Monday September 26, 2022 “B” Day
“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.” – T.S. Eliot
Todays Birthdays: 9/26 Austin Walker
Upcoming Athletic Events:
Monday 9/26 Fall Team Pictures-Day #1 3:30pm @The Mustang Gym
Tuesday 9/27 Varsity Golf vs. Bret Harte 3pm @ Greenhorn CC
Tuesday 9/27 All Level Volleyball vs. Sonora HS 4pm/5pm/6pm @ Sonora HS
How to Enroll
Current District Students: Contact your current school office and ask for a transfer appointment with your counselor.
New District Students: Contact Argonaut High School at 257-7700 to schedule an enrollment appointment.
College & Career
View the latest info on Financial Aid, Scholarships, Career Search resources and much more…
Information for Families
Find forms and other important information here — from Work Permits to Health and Safety Protocols to other district materials. This area is updated as needed so please check back often.
When attending a HOME GAME, you can save by buying a PASS for this Fall season. Link: Athletic Passes Updated ORDER FORM 2022-2023
Students will be offered FREE breakfast and lunch meals for the 2022-2023 school years! Assembly Bill (AB) 130, the 2021−22 budget trailer bill for K-12 education, established the California Universal Meals Program. Under this program, beginning in the school year...
The Argonaut High School Financial Aid Presentation was held for all students who are interested in learning how to pay for college or training and need financial support. There was a representative from the California Student Aid Commission (https://csac.ca.gov)...
This Football Season marks the 100th Anniversary of the first high school football season in Amador County, both Ione HS & Jackson HS began playing football in October of 1922. In honor, we have planned a season of celebration. On September 24th we will be...
Everyone is encouraged to join Parent Square by adding the App to their phone and check this LINK to understand how to do that. https://amadorcoe.org/familyresources/parentsquare/
SPORTS IN COLLEGE? If you are looking to play sports in College or are looking for more information on the NCAA Eligibility Center and the details on Athletics in College. There are some great ways to find information and here is one video that will provide lots of...
- Principal's Corner
- Courage to Complete Scholarship 2023
- Office Staff
- Teaching Staff
- District Calendar
- Athletics Calendar
Welcome to the “Mustang Family”
Argonaut has strong traditions and a school culture that facilitates success for ALL students. Established in 1913 as Jackson Joint Union High School, we used that name until 1983 when we merged with Ione High School to become Argonaut High School. That year we moved near the site of the historic Argonaut Mine, featured in the book “47 Down,” and have been there ever since.
We are a small comprehensive public high school with just over 550 students and 25 teachers. Our distinct geographic location situated in the center of the historic Mother Lode of Amador County has picturesque views in every direction. We are known for our supportive community that provides an overwhelming amount of encouragement for our students and school. We are “small but mighty,” and excited to share our academics, culture and programs that make us uniquely distinguished with ALL students that attend.
The Argonaut High School Mustang family strives to create a positive and supportive environment in which ALL are challenged and inspired to achieve their full potential. Students are expected to have the Courage to Compete in everything they do in school and life while remaining Respectful, Responsible and Resilient citizens. With the facilitation of our talented and compassionate faculty and staff, our students receive an individualized world-class education matched by few in our state.
Welcome to Mustang Mountain!
Principal, Argonaut High School
COURAGE TO COMPETE Scholarship 2023
The Courage to Compete Award is the most distinguished all-around award given to graduating seniors who have been outstanding members of the Argonaut High School community. Seniors are given the opportunity to earn this prestigious award for their overall achievements in their high school career. The number of recipients will vary each year depending on the number of qualified applicants. There is no minimum or maximum number of awards given in any year. All students selected to receive this award will be announced at Senior Awards Night in May and again at Graduation where they will receive a medal at the ceremony by a teacher of their choice. There may be a monetary and gift award. If you do not submit this application by the deadline, we will assume you are not interested. There are no deadline extensions for the Courage to Compete award. Thanks for having the Courage to Compete for this award!
DEADLINE IS IN MAY 2023
Argonaut High School
Below will be the application in PDF. Click on it to get your copy.
Fill it out and email it to Lorena Velasco at the front office or HAND IT IN by MAY 2023
|Ms. Lorena Velasco||Administrative Assistantemail@example.com||(209) 257-7741|
|Mrs. Jazmin Haedrich||Vice Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7700|
|Mr. Troy Gassaway||Principalemail@example.com||(209) 257-7741|
|Ms. Kim Hernandez||Bookkeepingfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7742|
|Ms Megan Eckhart||Attendance Clerkemail@example.com||(209) 257-7745|
|Mr. Monty Wright||Maintenance||Monty.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Laura Larsen||Registraremail@example.com||(209) 257-7751|
|Mr. Grant Kopecki||Night Custodianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Garrett Gray||Campus Supervisoremail@example.com|
|Chris Marrama||Night Custodianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The roster below can be searched by teacher name or course title. Enter your search words and click the magnifying glass.
The email address will open most email programs ready to send your message. You may also copy & paste the email address into your desired email program.
|Ms. Michaelynn Angieemail@example.com||(209) 257-7770||Study Skills|
|Mr. Jared Carsonfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7704||AP US Gov / AP World History / World History CP|
|Mrs. Shannon Clarkemail@example.com||(209) 257-7717||Biology / AP Biology|
|Ms. Valerie Davidsonfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7725||Studio Art 1, 2, 3|
|Mr. Rick Davisemail@example.com||(209) 257-7765||Strength & Conditioning / Conditioning|
|Mr. Cameron Dugganfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7708||English 12CP / AP English Lit & Comp / English 10SCP / Creative Writing|
|Mr. Chris Fentonemail@example.com||(209) 257-7723||US Gov/Econ / CA History / AP Psychology|
|Mrs. Teresa Floydfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7714||English 9CP / English 11CP / Edgenuity|
|Michael Garciaemail@example.com||(209) 257-7720||Culinary Fundamentals / Catering & Event / International Cuisine|
|Mr. Matt Goughfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7707||English 9CP / English SCP / AP Human Geography / AP Eng Lang Comp / Data/MTSS|
|Mrs. Jazmin Haedrichemail@example.com||(209) 257-7768||Kinesiology 9 / Kinesiology 10-12 / Aerobic Sports & Conditioning / MTSS/TIC|
|Mrs. Tracy Hinmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7724||Study Skills / English 11 / World History / Collaboration|
|Mr. Matt Hoveyemail@example.com||(209) 257-7703||Geometry CP / Physics CP / Consumer Math / Trigonometry/Pre-Calculus|
|Mr. Scott Hunkinsfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7705||Elem School Aide / Human Physiology / ASB Release / Student Gov/Leadership / Ath Mgt / 21st Work Experience|
|Mr. Matt Kingemail@example.com||(209) 257-7721||Adv Game Design: 3D Modeling & Animation / Video Production & Broadcast Journalism / Introduction to Computer Science / Computer Programming & Game Design|
|Mr. Erik Lucasfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7718||Chemistry CP / Integrated Earth Science / AP Physics I|
|Mr. Chris Luckeemail@example.com||(209) 257-7702||AP Statistics / Algebra 1CP / Algebra 2 CP / AP Calculus|
|Mrs. Laura Talliafirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7710||English 10CP / Spanish 4 / Spanish 3 CP / Yearbook / English Lang Development|
|Sra Elisa Teelemail@example.com||(209) 257-7711||Spanish 1 CP / Spanish 2 CP|
|Mrs. Katie Varnifirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7722||Health / Dual Enrollment / AVID 9 / AVID 11|
|Mr. Sargon Yousefemail@example.com||(209) 257-7715||English 12, Alg Concepts A & B, Cons Math, Study Skills|
|Taylor Wenskefirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7758||Intervention/AVID/English 10|
|Laura Peashaemail@example.com||(209) 257-7768||Physical Education|
|Kevin Harlowfirstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7728||History, English, Study Skills|
|Ms. Sonya Castoe||Library Media Clerkemail@example.com||(209) 257-7746|
|Ms. Melinda Green||Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heather McFarling||Paraprofessionalemail@example.com||(209) 257-7735|
|Michelle Joyce||Paraprofessional||Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org||(209) 257-7734|